"Diplôme du français des Affaires"
- Certificates are awarded by the Chambre de Commerce de Paris to students passing special examinations in May.
- Students must first take French 324 and are advised to take French 401 and 405, or courses with equivalent cultural and historical background.
Secondary Teaching Certificate
- A teaching certificate is awarded to students completing a French major and the five-year teaching education program.
- For more information, contact the the Rutgers Graduate School of Education, Office of Teacher Education.
Certificate of Basic Knowledge in French
- For students who are not majoring or minoring in French.
- Student must demonstrate an ability to comprehend, speak, read, and write French as attested by a grade of B or better in two courses (must equal 6 credits or more) at or above the 200-level (conducted entirely in French).
- Note: The certificate is awarded only with or subsequent to the awarding of a baccalaureate degree in an approved major.
- There will be no notation on the academic transcript. Application available upon request in the department.
- Courses in French are occasionally cross-listed in other programs such as: Medieval Studies, Film Studies, Women's Studies, Comparative Literature, and Linguistics. Courses on French topics are also taught in History and Art History.
History / French Double Major
- The History / French double major is an interdisciplinary program designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of France and its history.
- For more information, please click here.