Summer in Paris
Lodging & Travel
- One of the highlights of the Rutgers Summer Program in Paris is that students reside with French hosts. All hosts are selected with the utmost care. These arrangements offer students the opportunity to experience France in a uniquely authentic fashion.
- Lodging arrangements include a single or shared private room for one or two students, depending on availability and student preference.
- Most hosts allow the use of their kitchen for meals.
- You will be notified about your host family by mid-May.
- You are free to make your own travel arrangements.
- Once you are sure you are going, we recommend you purchase your ticket as soon as possible.
If you arrive before the program starts:
- You may arrive before the program starts (Saturday morning), however, you must find your own lodging for those days.
- You must inform the department of your travel itinerary.
- Contact the program director when you arrive in Paris.
- Contact your host family and let them know when you will be arriving at their home. You cannot arrive there before Saturday morning.
- There is a mandatory workshop on the first Monday after arrival.
For non-US citizens:
- You will need to contact the French embassy in New York to find out if you need a visa.
- If you do need a visa, you will need to purchase your airline ticket first, and then bring the itinerary and proof of payment to the embassy.